I hadn’t experienced life enough to make the art I make now. Before I wanted my art to be seen as perfect. Now I simply want people to feel it – to look at it and feel me.
Sometimes Tinder fails me. I open the app with hopes of setting my eyes on the nearby honeys, but end up swiping left for five minutes. I start swiping faster because the heart moves fast and next thing you know I am swiping left on the flyest thing I’ve seen in 10 minutes!
Its similar to the time when you briefly fall in love in public. When you lock eyes with someone on the train
COMING SOON: FRIDAY, December 18th
- Donald Trump may have more supporters than the #blacklivesmatter movement.
- People are still defending Bill Cosby and in turn, disregarding and discrediting women’s rape, while simultaneously saying “WOMEN should know better and do better.” Bruh?
- There are very few WOMEN of color in magazine editorials, like we aren’t BEAUTIFUL AF.
- My school put me on their webpage, but I still owe a balance.
- People continue to think that Posse Foundation Leadership Scholarship is for minorities.
- People keep referring to me and other WOMEN of color as minorities when there are more WOMEN than men and more People of Color than white folks; We are the MAJORITY! Bye, Felicia & Friends.
- There are too many golf clubs and residential complexes that end with the word “Plantation”. Emancipation Proclamation, who?
- Too many Black Men dont want Black WOMEN. Bruh?
- Colourism in the Black & Latin/Hispanic Community got me like …
- Islamophobia, Homophobia, Racism, Sexism, Classism & Patriarchy [and other crap] is decreasing my number of friends on Facebook. I thought friends were forever… WELP!
And #11, just because I am extra tight —
#11: People keep asking me why I am single — I don’t freaking know! Maybe I am over qualified.
I am not an Angry Black WOMAN. I am just a Black Woman who happens to be MAD!
*THESE ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER. I DONT KNOW HOW TO RANT IN ORDER.